Saturday, July 2, 2011

Chocolate, Vanilla Swirl, like me!



Okay so the title was a bit of humor, seeing as I am multiracial or "mixed" Mixed breed as my best friend and I use to call ourselves!

So anyhoo, today was the Wifes, fathers, birthday. (I suppose I could have just said father in law =) And she wanted to make him something special! Wifey loves to eat, and watch me cook/bake, but not so much do it herself. But this time she got into the kitchen and I was SO proud, the cake came out so well!

The Main Attraction:
Chocolate Swirl (Marble) Cake

***Note, this is another recipe where it's kinda all about the technique. Baking is already down to a science, you just need your thoughts to help you create! Practically anything can be swirled into a vanilla cake!

1 Box of vanilla cake mix (Yes, she cheated :), made according to directions
Cocoa powder (to taste, about a tbsp or so)


1. After you make the vanilla cake use a measuring cup and set aside about 1/2- 1 cup of batter in a separate bowl.

2. Pour the remaining vanilla cake mix into whatever baking dish you wish to use. (I used to 8 inch-ers, round).



3. Stir the cocoa powder into the vanilla batter that was set aside, until incorporated.

4. Drizzle the batter over the white cake...


...and mix gently with a fork until swirled to your liking.



5. Bake according to package directions, or your recipe.

6. Frost if you wish, and eat until your hips say, "No More!"

Live Swirl Action! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment